SmithBucklin is currently accepting applications for our 2017 Spring Internship Program. The program is carefully designed to give interns a first-hand look at what it’s like to work at SmithBucklin and help them determine whether our environment is a match for their individual talents, professional goals and career aspirations. The interns will have the opportunity to participate in training and development sessions, client team and intern cohort projects, and office social events throughout the 15-week program.
SmithBucklin’s Internship program highlights include:
· Spring semester internships in Chicago and Washington, D.C.
· Program dates are from approximately
· 18 total paid hours of work per week (16 hours of on the job training and 2 hours of education and professional development)
· 3 Interns from our 2016 program were converted to full-time employees
· We offer opportunities for a variety of majors including business administration, advertising, communications, hospitality, psychology, public policy, etc.
· Enrolled seniors and candidates who have obtained an undergraduate degree within the past 12 months may apply
· U.S. citizens or permanent residents; must be a resident of the Chicago or Washington, D.C. metropolitan areas
· Individuals interested in learning the service needs and business operations of nonprofit associations, such as event planning, education program coordination, marketing, and government relations
How to Apply
• Search for internships on the SmithBucklin Careers page and follow the application instructions
• Upload your resume and cover letter
o Note: Only local candidates will be considered for each opportunity
• Applications must be received by November 4, 2016
• Applications will be reviewed as received. Applicants will be contacted if additional information is required. Interviews with selected candidates will take place each Friday in September and October in our Chicago and D.C. offices
• Finalists will be asked to submit a writing sample
• Internship offers will be extended to selected candidates no later than November 30, 2016