Apply to the Smithsonian National Museum of American History for the spring cycle!
Here are a few of our internship projects:
1. Archives Center
2. Curatorial Projects (Culture & the Arts; Work & Industry; Armed Forces History; Home Community & Life; Political History; Medicine & Science)
3. Collections Management
4. Conservation (Paper, Object, Costume/Textile)
5. Lemelson Spark!Lab (working with youth 6-12yo)
6. Wegmans Wonderplace (working with early education under 6yo)
7. Museum Education
8. Public Programs (Latino History; African American History & Culture; Music; Theatre; and Food & Agriculture)
9. Development (Fundraising)
10. Special Events
11. Social Media (Blogging)
12. Exhibition Design
13. Human Resources
14. Public Affairs (Office of Communications and Marketing)
15. And many more!
All majors welcome!
Be prepared to upload:
Transcripts (can be unofficial)
2 Letters of Recommendation (SOLAA will allow you to put your recommenders names and emails and they will send them an email notification asking them to upload the letter on to your SOLAA profile through a link).
Essay (min. one page – max. two pages) Should be a summary of all your experiences (academic, volunteer, internships and/or paid jobs) as well as your learning expectations for the internship.
Website Resources to help prepare:
getinvolved/internship NMAH Internships
about/departments NMAH Departments (describes the role of each department and division)
http://www.smithsonianofi.com/ Smithsonian Office of Fellowships and Internships