The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy, research, and advocacy organization. The Alliance develops and advocates for research-based national and federal policies that support effective secondary school reform.
Open to an undergraduate or graduate student interested in public policy, education, or federal advocacy. Candidate must have excellent oral communication, research, organization, and writing skills. Familiarity with policy organizations, federal policy, or the education field a plus.
The intern will work closely with all members of the policy/advocacy staff in Alliance efforts and will:
- Assist staff by conducting legislative research, developing policy fact sheets, tracking federal legislation, and attending congressional hearings and briefings.
- Provide staff with support in research and analysis of various topics, organizations, and key players in the field.
- Assist in the development of case studies of promising practices in education.
- Attend conferences, briefings, and forums as a representative of the Alliance.
- Assist in the preparation of Alliance publications and events.
- Keep staff abreast of trends in education reform.
- Provide any other support to the president and staff as needed.
This position is paid. Interns are hired for employment on the academic semester schedule for fall, spring, and summer terms.
Applications for winter 2017 are now being accepted. Please send a resume, list of references, writing sample, and cover letter expressing interest in the position and dates of availability. Please include all application materials in one Microsoft Word document or PDF file. Submissions with multiple email attachments will not be accepted.
Submit your application materials by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline for winter 2017 internships is November 11, 2016.
Contact: Rachel Bird Niebling at email@example.com