Position: Undergraduate Internship (unpaid, for credit) – Spring 2017
Title: Research Assistant
Duties: The intern’s primary responsibilities will be to assist in the development and maintenance of the Maryland Community Services Locator website (www.mdcsl.org), a public service website that helps service providers and individuals in the community to access community resources. Specific duties include:
- Verify the accuracy of program listings in the database using online sources and telephone surveys
- Telephone surveys with community service providers to collect information on services provided
- Data entry (using Excel) for responses from provider surveys
- Assist in augmenting the comprehensiveness of the existing database through database comparisons, resource inventories, etc.
- Outreach to community providers and individual community members at resource fairs to promote awareness of the MDCSL in Maryland
- Assist with dissemination of materials to providers
- Record website usage statistics to assess site utilization (using Google Analytics)
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: This candidate must have advanced organizational skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. Additionally, he/she should be comfortable making telephone and in-person contacts with community providers. Preferred skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google Analytics. Experience working with community organizations and/or social service/health/criminal justice providers.
Hours: 10 hours/week commitment. [Note: This was originally advertised with a higher time commitment.]
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship open to undergraduate students only and may be used to earn BSOS, HLTH, or CRIM internship credit (3 credits). May be used to fulfill elective credit.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, unofficial transcript and writing sample to:
Center for Substance Abuse Research (CESAR)
University of Maryland, College Park
4321 Hartwick Rd, Ste 501
College Park, MD 20740