Applications for Fulbright Summer Institutes to the UK are now open.
Deadlines are 23 or . Please look at individual Institute pages below for detailed program information and deadlines.
Please Note: The application will have a new online format for 2017 applications.
ELIGIBILITY: The US-UK Fulbright Commission offers special Summer Institutes for US citizens to come to the UK. These summer programs provide the opportunity for US undergraduates (aged over 18), with at least two years of undergraduate study left to complete, to come to the UK on a three or four week academic and cultural summer program.
Participants in these programs will get the opportunity to experience an exciting academic program at a highly regarded UK University, explore the culture, heritage and history of the UK and develop their academic ability by improving presentation, research and communication skills.
If you have any questions about the program, please read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
The US-UK Fulbright Commission gratefully acknowledges the generous support of the Michael W Louis Charitable Trust and the individual universities in making these summer institutes possible.
Summer Institutes available for US students:
- AIFS Summer Institute with Globe Education
- Durham University Summer Institute
- Queen's University Belfast Summer Institute
- SOAS, University of London Summer Institute
- Scotland Summer Institute: Identity, Society, and the New Enlightenment
- Scotland Summer Institute: Technology, Innovation, and Creativity
- University of Bristol Summer Institute
- University of Exeter Summer Institute
- University of Sussex Summer Institute (New)
- University of Westminster Summer Institute (New)
The Summer Institutes will cover the majority of participant costs. This includes round-trip airfare from the US to the UK, tuition and fees at the host university/institution, accommodation and meals and in some cases a small daily allowance. Please read the Terms and Conditions for this award before making an application.