Location: Washington, DC
About RI: Relief International (RI) is a global change organization and home to teams of humanitarian activist-professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
The IP Assistant supports the IP team in the achievement of IP departmental objectives in collaboration with the Humanitarian Director and IP Manager. The Assistant works with the IP team and across other departments in implementing key parts of the departmental work-plan, which includes supporting the design, implementation and advancement of key elements of RI’s Program Quality Initiatives, as well as grants management and general project management and administrative support.
Reports to: International Programs Manager; also accountable to Humanitarian Director for specific projects / responsibilities
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program Quality Initiative
Supporting the IP department in PMF project management - including integration of EPR manual but also any other responsibilities as directed by the IP Manager in terms of reaching out to task teams, working on particular updates and doing any editing or gap filling that's required.
Institutionalization of Market-based and Cash Transfer Programming
Supporting the Humanitarian Director in the project management of the CALP-supported cash-institutionalization process including drafting regular internal and external communications, taking responsibility for logistics for the workshops, designing and analyzing surveys, following up with CALP project team members to ensure that we're making progress against deadlines etc.
PQ monthly calls
Helping with the set up and management of monthly PQ calls - including working directly with the IP SVP and HD to determine agenda, source presenters, drum up interest etc.
Grants Management System Support
As required by the IP Manager, supporting set up of the PMT each month, taking notes during calls, sending out key challenges and action items etc.
- Prior Office Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or its international equivalent in international development, or related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong and demonstrated program/project management skills.
- International or Domestic (US) Program Development or Program management experience preferred.
- Ability to solve problems and implements corrective action as needed.
- Ability to prepare reports and provide information to management in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, positive manner with diverse clients and staff.
- Demonstrated research, writing and editing experience.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction.
- Fluency in a foreign language preferred.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation