Learn more about the Maryland Student Researchers program, and review over 150 available opportunities by visiting our website at: http://www.ugresearch.umd.edu/current-studentresearchers.html
The Maryland Student Researchers (MSR) program serves as a University-wide online bulletin board where UMD researchers post research opportunities for undergraduate students. It is a great way for undergraduates to learn about the rewards and challenges of academic research. Over 150 projects are listed with more being added so check back regularly over the next several weeks.
The MSR bulletin board is designed to help undergraduates find research opportunities that are a good fit for their interests and qualifications, and to help faculty members find students to assist with their research project(s). The research opportunities posted on the MSR website typically call for students to spend around six hours a week working under the direction of a faculty mentor on that faculty member’s own research. Participating students learn skills and gain valuable experience that will enhance their graduate school and job qualifications. Most positions are for volunteers, some are paid.
The Maryland Center for Undergraduate Research will hold numerous information sessions to assist students who want to use the MSR bulletin board to identify suitable research opportunities, and also to provide advice about additional ways to pursue research opportunities – space for each session is limited so please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org with the date/time of the session you plan to attend:
Schedule for MSR Information Sessions, Spring Semester 2017:
- Wednesday, January 25, 10:30-11:00 a.m. - 1201 Marie Mount Hall
- Wednesday, January 25, 12:00-12:30 p.m. - 1201 Marie Mount Hall
- Thursday, January 26, 10:30-11:00 a.m. - 1201 Marie Mount Hall
- Thursday, January 26, 12:00-12:30 p.m. - 1201 Marie Mount Hall
- Friday, January 27, 11:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. - 1201 Marie Mount Hall
- Monday, January 30, 2:00-2:30 p.m. - 1201 Marie Mount Hall
- Wednesday, February 1, 10:30-11:00 a.m. - 1201 Marie Mount Hall
- Wednesday, February 1, 12:00-12:30 p.m. - 1201 Marie Mount Hall
- Thursday, February 2, 12:00-12:30 p.m. - 1201 Marie Mount Hall
ELIGIBILITY: Any student in good academic standing may apply directly for any listed opportunities for which they have the listed required skills. It is open to students of all majors and disciplines with an interest in research. Most positions are offered on a volunteer basis, and selection of undergraduate researchers is made solely by the faculty members who provide the listed opportunities.