Under supervision of more experienced researchers, this position assists in the performance of social science research by gathering information and helping to develop new materials; support stakeholder engagement tracking and logistics; prepare material for inclusion in reports; may administer surveys/questionnaires or conduct interviews and compile results; collect, tabulate, and process data; manage project files and project reporting requirements; and perform other duties as necessary.
Typical Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs library research on specified topics and synthesizes material in the form of bibliographies, abstracts, memoranda and reports, according to instructions.
- Tabulates and/or maintains collected data by means of coding or organizing data into tables or graphs. Produces tables and graphs.
- Processes data using NVivo, SAS/SPSS, or other such statistical packages.
- Analyzes qualitative data and quantitative using basic statistical methods.
- Recruitment and follow-up with study participants.
- Organizes project files and tracks important project report deadlines. May assist in data entry.
- Assists with clerical tasks, phones, and photocopying, when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in one of the social sciences, and the demonstrated ability to perform beginning level research in a social science field.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is preferred.
- Strong detail-orientation, written and verbal communication skills, and experience with literature reviews required
- Experience in survey/item development and coordinating meetings would be valued.
- Experience with a statistical package such as SAS, SPSS, or Stata also a plus, but not required
Read more and apply here.