The Paralegal will assist with preparation and filing of non-immigrant and immigrant visa cases. Our Paralegals perform challenging, substantive legal work, such as:
• Learning to analyze case documents and prepare immigration applications for filing with the appropriate government agency.
• Learning procedural and processing requirements for various types of non-immigrant and immigrant visa petitions and applications.
• Drafting petitions, applications and specialized support letters detailing eligibility for visa classification and other immigration benefits.
• Filing documents with government agencies and internally.
• Maintaining case management system and client contact information.
• Interfacing with corporate representatives and foreign nationals.
• Working closely in a team environment.
Applicants should have:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent computer/technology skills.
• Ability to demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
• Ability to achieve a high level of productivity.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing demands.
• Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
Position requirements include: a Bachelor’s Degree and strong academic credentials. No prior paralegal experience required. We will train. Employment or academic background in legal studies or a related field is helpful. Second language proficiency is a plus but not required. Proficiency with Windows-based software and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
If you would like to work in a fast paced, heavy volume, deadline driven environment alongside a team of experienced immigration attorneys and professionals who are passionate about the practice of Immigration Law, then we want to hear from you! We have all the resources of a large, international law firm while preserving our firm's collegial and collaborative culture. Competitive benefits and compensation package offered.
For more information and to apply, interested graduates should log in to Careers4Terps and search the position’s ID number: 153386
Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, is currently seeking several college graduate paralegals for the Immigration Practice group of our McLean, VA office. The positions are temporary with the possibility of future employment. When applying, please submit your CV/resume and a writing sample.