Summer 2017 CNN-DC Special Events Intern will support the SpEv team through various tasks. Intern will take notes on daily calls and sharing information with SpEv group across three cities.
What will you be doing?
Responsibilities will include research projects, supporting the production management team by researching vendors, helping with catering setups, working as a stand-in during rehearsals, assisting with travel planning, editing (simple) video, making graphics, finding video clips/transcribing and other production activities.
What do we need from you?
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA and should have a strong interest in broadcasting, communications, entertainment, journalism and/or the news industry
- Should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite, internet and online research skills are important for success in the position.
- Interns must be comfortable working alone and within a team and understand the professional environment they are working in.
- Familiarity with basic research skills using online search engines and databases is a plus.
- Summer 2017 program dates are June 5th through August 11th.
- Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.