Location: Calverton Office
IMS supports multiple bioinformatics initiatives from government and commercial institutions in public health and medical research applications. IMS is looking for an entry-level HR Assistant to support the Human Resources department. In this position, you will assist with the recruitment process, including posting recruitment ads, conducting phone interviews, and coordinating in-person interviews. Tasks also include conducting new hire orientation, processing new hire paperwork and employee changes, assisting with employee benefits administration, and assisting with other HR functions as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from a U.S. Department of Education accredited institution or Associates degree from U.S. Department of Education accredited institution with equivalent experience
- 0-1 year of professional HR experience
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local HR laws and regulations preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong analytic, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work within a team
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information with integrity and security
- Ability to communicate with diplomacy and tact and maintain professionalism under pressure
If this sounds like the right position for your career submit your application.