If you are a native speaker of English, and are interested in learning some
Chinese words, you are invited to participate in a Chinese word learning
study. Participants will be asked to come for FIVE one-hour sessions, and
will be compensated $50 in total.
Participants must meet ALL of the following requirements:
(1) speak English as their native language;
(2) NOT be bilingual;
(3) NOT have prior knowledge of a tonal language, such as Mandarin,
Cantonese, Thai, Vietnamese, Ewe, Krio, Twi, or Kikuyu;
(4) NOT have more than two years of individual instruction in any
combinations of musical instruments (including voice);
(5) be between 18 and 40 years old;
(6) NOT have hearing loss or speech impairment.
This study takes place in Jimenez Hall. For more information or to sign up for the study, please contact Man Li at email@example.com.