HIP Consult is a strategic consulting firm based in Washington, DC with expertise in telecommunications/ICT infrastructure in emerging markets. Over the past several years, we have developed a spatial database of fiber optic and other network infrastructure across Africa, Latin America, and Asia. We are looking for qualified GIS interns to contribute to the development and maintenance of this database.
· Strong academic record in geography, GIS, international affairs, international development, and /or other relevant field.
· Proficiency with some or all of the following: QGIS, SQL, PostGIS, PgAdmin, OpenStreetMap, Carto (CartoDB), GDAL, GeoServer, ArcGIS
· Diligent, thorough, and efficient researcher; communicates findings with colleagues efficiently
· Enthusiastic, motivated team player who is also an independent thinker
· Motivated and enthusiastic to learn new topics, particularly related to development and technology in emerging markets
· Reading and/or speaking proficiency in Spanish, French, Russian, Arabic, or Portuguese preferred
For more information and to apply, students should log in to Careers4Terps and search the ID number: 155683