A. Handles the planning and execution of community outreach events.
B. Supports the Council Member in providing relevant information on the grant process to residents, civic organizations and non-profit community.
C. Handles the Council Member's external communication to inform residents on district initiatives.
D. Maintains community outreach database
E. Attends with Council Member, community meetings or public forums to provide assistance, as needed.
F. Performs a variety of other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Council Member or Chief of Staff, with the following skills:
- Coordinates and plans special District events including municipal events to distribute informational material on county services available to residents.
- Creates and distributes outreach materials such as flyers and press releases.
- Identifies materials for district promotional items.
- Manages the District's grant process: receives and reviews gran applications; compiles pertinent information for processing the applications.
- Documents grant application submissions of tracking and database management.
- Prepares correspondence for signature of the Council Member as part of grant application and determination.
- Interacts with County Council Grants Coordinator.
- Prepares Council Member monthly electronic newsletter and email blast, utilizing Constant Contact.
- Works with Communication Department to manage and update district webpage and press information.
- Prepares advertisements to support community outreach efforts.
- Manages and maintains District social media sites to keep residents aware of county programs.
- Recruits and develops volunteers to assist in carrying out community outreach activities.
- Tracks volunteers utilizing Constant Contact.
- Attends all meetings with the Council Member.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions, ability to get along with others, good judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Prepares oral and written reports on subject matter
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism
- Works cooperatively with Council staff and other County personnel.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to Tomeka C. Bumbry, Chief of Staff to Hon. Todd M. Turner email@example.com. Applications/resumes will be reviewed with the goal of hiring about July 1, 2017.