The Climate Reality Project is a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore. Our mission is to empower a global cultural movement demanding immediate action on the climate crisis using cutting-edge advertising and communications strategies to demonstrate the urgency and solvability of the climate crisis.
The Climate Reality Project is seeking a motivated and detail-oriented intern to join our Advancement team this summer to conduct donor research projects. This is an opportunity to learn fundraising and donor prospecting strategies, techniques, and best practices in a rewarding environment.
The intern's primary long-term project will be to track and research prospective donors, with the aim of creating research guidelines and a cultivation plan for a donor category of the intern’s choice.
• Work with Advancement team to build a donor prospecting list and help identify cultivation plans
• Update donor records in our database with correct information
• Produce research reports on select donor prospects
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Innate curiosity
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and advanced web searches
• Commitment to solving climate change
Internships are open to:
• Undergraduate and graduate students who have completed at least two years of college
• College graduates or post-graduate degree earners who have graduated during the previous two years
Send a resume, cover letter, and dates of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line in the email to identify that you are interested in the Advancement internship. Applications will be accepted until a candidate is identified.