Why should you volunteer?
- Gain experience with people from other countries and cultures
- Make new arrivals fee welcome at UMD!
- Make new friends
- Enhance your resume—this is a leadership opportunity
What is the commitment?
- Optional 1 hour training to enhance cross cultural communication skills and receive information about orientation duties and how to help new students
- Help ISSS with a variety of orientation activities: setup/clean-up, documents check, DC tour chaperones, campus tour guides, welcome desk greeters, session panelists, lunch meet-ups…Lots of options!
Interested? Contact Sarah Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org