The Role in Brief:
The Finance team works with senior executives at the firm to develop financial projections, monitor and evaluate performance, develop analytical tools and dashboard reporting, evaluate investment proposals, and improve and evolve financial reporting systems. The Finance team is seeking several Junior Analysts to join the team to help achieve key financial initiatives for the company.
Junior Analysts will gain exposure to the various functions in Finance and Accounting as well as to the company’s operations and strategic development functions. Junior Analysts play a key role in assisting the major leaders in the business construct and manage their budgets and conduct ongoing analytical projects to achieve operational and strategic objectives. Analysts develop a strong understanding of the company’s business lines including products, growth potential, profitability, cost structure, product development and cash flows. This is an exciting opportunity to launch a career in corporate finance at a dynamic company with a well-respected track record of bringing innovative research and technology to the Healthcare and Education industries.
The current opportunity is based in Washington, DC.
- Analyzing financial and operational performance, including ad-hoc analysis, modeling, and forecasting
- Liaising with internal departments and stakeholders to analyze important financial data, assess financial projections, and monitor performance against key business metrics
- Handling finance related inquiries from internal and external contacts
- Working with members of the Financial Planning and Analysis, Accounting, Collections, Strategic Operations, and Business Solutions teams to develop process improvements
- Improving the use of systems infrastructure including automation, creation of real-time dashboards, and integration of systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, economics, business, or other related fields
- Excellent academic performance
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Attention to detail
- Proven time management skills; ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Strong academic or professional experience using quantitative analytical tools to assemble, analyze, and draw conclusions from business data
- Willingness to learn how to use new tools, techniques, and skills
- Discretion in handling sensitive firm, department and individual performance information
- Experience with databases
- Resourcefulness- ability to procure detailed data and information
- Proven service orientation with attention to detail and follow-up
- Proven project management and planning skills
- Proven finance, strategy, and operational skills