Recent Grad? Residential Advisor/Executive Assistant The School for Ethics and Global Leadership
This administrative position represents an extraordinary opportunity for an executive assistant eager to to help refine a program at a school that we hope will change the world. Applicants are expected to support a dynamic and innovative educational community serving as a nexus for globally-minded educators around the world.
About The School for Ethics and Global Leadership
Located in Washington, DC, The School for Ethics and Global Leadership (SEGL) is a semester-long residential program for a diverse group of intellectually motivated high school juniors from across the United States. The program selects students who have shown outstanding character, promise for leadership, and scholastic ability and provides them with a unique curriculum that emphasizes ethical thinking, leadership development, and international affairs. More information is available at www.schoolforethics.org.
SEGL Mission Statement
To provide intellectually motivated high school juniors who represent the diversity of the United States with the best possible opportunity to shape themselves into ethical leaders who will create positive change in our world.
· Work with the management team to support the day-to-day operation of the school
· Manage and maintain the school’s academic building, ordering supplies, managing technology and communicating with vendors
· Support the Head of School by managing his calendar and communicating with the administrative team
· Frequent overnight and weekend dormitory supervision (apartment included)
· Collaboration on curricular and extracurricular initiatives with students and faculty
· Additional administrative/residential responsibilities as determined during the hiring process
Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree (or higher), a valid driver’s license, and experience working in a residential setting with young people are preferred. In addition, a successful applicant will be:
· Fully dedicated to accomplishing SEGL’s mission
· An independent, outside the box thinker
· Fearless, resilient, hard-working, organized, flexible and collaborative
· Excited to work as part of a passionate, collegial, mission-driven team that celebrates diversity.