The Markets Institute at WWF is a thought leadership platform committed to identifying global issues and emerging trends that affect the most critical threat to our finite planet - the production and consumption of food. Our goal is to increase the speed and scale of solutions that make a more sustainable future possible. We accomplish this by convening science-based, multi-stakeholder groups to build awareness and consensus around urgent issues and trends, and develop approaches to advance innovation and accelerate change at scale. Using multiple lenses to look at global challenges and laterally connect the dots, we empower partners with insights and documented solutions to avoid risk, stay ahead of the curve, and proactively drive change at the speed of life.
This internship provides an opportunity for an undergraduate student to learn more about environmental sustainability, specifically food waste prevention and recovery, by working on an initiative that is focused on analyzing global solutions related to food system efficiency and consumption. The internship will work directly with the Director and the Senior Program Officer of the Food Waste program and will support ongoing research efforts and in-depth data analysis, with specific focus on the hospitality industry and the food retailing industry. This position will be a great educational experience and may help pilot interventions with private sector partners that attempt to find food waste prevention best practices.
Responsibilities: Specific duties will include :
- Analyze data from multiple sources including food costs, sales data (POS), waste disposal, composting, anaerobic digestion, and weights & measures from food waste pilot programs.
- Create analytics and reports for the Food Waste team and provide insights and analysis.
- Data entry, analysis, data visualization and management (Excel MS)
Qualifications: Minimum Requirements:
- Current undergraduate student
- Able to commit to 10-20 hours/week for 3 months
- Must have extremely strong proficiency in MS Excel, data analysis, PivotTables, and creating visual data presentations.
- Tableau experience preferred.
- Proactive problem-solving and good communication skills (written and verbal);
- Strong research, and analytical skills, as well as attention to detail are obligatory;
- Ability to work productively on both independent research assignments and as part of a team;
- Fluency in English is required.
How to apply: Please submit a resume & cover letter through our Careers page. https://careers-wwfus.icims.com/jobs/search , IN-18003