Executive Assistant for the Chairman & Administrative Assistant Sasakawa Peace Foundation USA (Full-Time Job)
Sasakawa Peace Foundation USA is an independent American non-profit, non-partisan institution dedicated to strengthening U.S.-Japan relations through education, programs and research. Research programs focus on security, diplomacy, economics, business, trade, technology, and other matters of common concern. Education programs facilitate people-to-people exchange and dialogue on these issues with American and Japanese policymakers, influential citizens, and the broader public.
Sasakawa USA seeks an enthusiastic Executive and Administrative Assistant to support the senior leadership and the administration office. S/he will primarily be responsible for providing assistance to the Chairman and Distinguished Senior Fellow on all of his activities related to Sasakawa USA. In addition, s/he supports the finance and administration team in managing office-wide procedures and HR-related duties as directed by the Director for Education and Finance, and occasionally assists the execution of program events on an as-needed basis. S/he will coordinate with the Executive Assistant for the CEO on all matters that require joint Chairman and CEO participation, provide scheduling assistance for visiting members of the organization’s board as well as office support for visiting fellows. The position reports to the Chairman and Distinguished Senior Fellow as well as the Director for Education and Finance.
• Managing internal and external scheduling requests for the Chairman.
• Greeting all Chairman’s outside visitors.
• Drafting and mailing correspondences for the Chairman.
• Making travel arrangements for the Chairman, including a travel book for each trip.
• Managing Chairman’s expenses related to Sasakawa USA-related activities
• Coordinating with the Executive Assistant for CEO on all matters that require joint Chairman and CEO participation.
• Supporting development and execution of office-wide events.
• As time permits, providing research assistance for senior leaders including the Chairman/ Distinguished Senior Fellow and CEO.
• Taking the lead in scheduling appointments, arranging transportation and other logistics for visiting SPF executives and Tokyo-based members of the Sasakawa USA Board, as needed.
• Working under the supervision of the Office Manager, supporting office maintenance (e.g. office supplies upkeep, equipment troubleshooting, supporting management of employees’ office needs, serving as the POC for office maintenance issues, etc.).
• Receiving mail, packages and emails addressed to Sasakawa USA, arranging admin-related mail and shipping.
• Supporting the administration team in organizing office-wide events and managing of employee transitions and visiting fellows, as needed.
• Support the administration team in enforcing office policy and procedures, including emergency procedures and serving as deputy floor warden with an opportunity to serve as chief floor warden.
· Bachelor's degree in relevant field (Japanese Studies, International Relations, History, Political Science, or area studies relevant to Japan and Asia)
· 1-2 years of work experience
· Knowledge of and demonstrated interest in U.S.-Japan relations
· Strong written and oral communications skills
· Proficiency in written and oral Japanese
· Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Authorization to work in the U.S. (non-US citizens must possess work authorization that does not require employer sponsorship for a visa)
· Experience in office management and/or executive assistant roles
· Certification in First Aid and CPR training
· Experience in non-profit programs and event planning
· Experience with mass email marketing systems (Constant Contact, MailChimp, etc.)
· Native/advanced proficiency in written and oral Japanese
To apply, please send resume, one page writing sample, and cover letter to Ms. Kazuyo Kato at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover letter should detail your interest in Sasakawa Peace Foundation USA, how your past experience relates to the above responsibilities, and your available start date. Include your name and the title “Executive Assistant for Chairman & Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. All attachments should be labelled “First Name Last Name_Document Title” (e.g. Jane Doe_Resume). Only applicants who are selected for interviews will be notified within two weeks after the deadline.