We welcome applications from highly motivated undergraduate or graduate students year-round, though interns typically work for one semester (Fall, Spring, or Summer). Interns may work full-time, or part-time while attending classes in the DC area. Interns work as a full member of our policy team, and have the opportunity to participate in a variety of projects according to their specific interest.
- Conduct research on taxes, entitlement programs, budgetary policy, and the economy;
- Contribute to daily blog entries on http://crfb.org/blog ;
- Attend and brief CRFB staff on high-level policy discussions and events;
- Contribute to press releases, policy papers, and op-eds;
- Maintain and update the website;
- Track budget-related news;
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Enrollment in or recent completion of an undergraduate or graduate program;
- Interest in fiscal policy and budgetary & economic issues;
- Proven research and analytical skills;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Familiarity with internet research tools;
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment;
- Be a flexible and enthusiastic team player.
E-mail resume, cover letter, and one writing sample (no more than six pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls, please. When applying, please write "Intern Application" in the subject line, along with the term you are applying for (e.g., Spring 2017).