Interns will provide crucial assistance to SQCC’s conferences, events, and outreach activities, and will provide administrative support to SQCC staff. This internship offers a unique opportunity to participate in the organization’s core outreach mission.
- Assist in efforts to promote Omani culture through assisting with the design and implementation of public events, teacher workshops, and other outreach activities
- Photograph SQCC events for website and social media
- Maintain SQCC mailing list
Research and writing
- Conduct research and write entries for the Indian Ocean in World History website (www.indianoceanhistory.org), a K-12 teacher resource
Website and social media
- Write content for website and contribute to social media accounts
- Work to maximize SQCC’s reach online, through increased website traffic and social media reach
- Help design flyers, booklets, and invitationsRequired skillsApplicants should have strong research, writing, and interpersonal skills, as well as familiarity with the Arab World. Prior experience in research, event planning, communications, and/or office management is preferred.Basic photography skills.Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is essential.
- Familiarity with Oman
- Photoshop skills
- Arabic language ability
- General graphic design skills preferred
The internship is based in Washington, DC.Interns will receive a stipend. Please note that candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.Applicants must be fluent English speakers.Undergraduate students, graduate students, and recent graduates are eligible.Candidates with full-time availability are preferred, though part-time schedules will be considered.
- SQCC is not responsible for arranging accommodations or facilitating visa applications for applicants.
- SQCC will contact only those candidates who are extended an interview.
Applications are accepted and reviewed on an on-going basis. Final deadline to apply is August 6. Please apply a subject line “Internship Application—Full Name.” Each application should have all necessary documents attached as a single PDF. This single PDF should be uploaded under "Resume" for indeed.
- Cover letter, including availability
- List of three references
- Brief writing sample (no more than four pages, an excerpt is fine)
Please direct any questions about the SQCC internship to our contact us link on www.sqcc.org
The Sultan Qaboos Cultural Center (SQCC) is dedicated to educating the peoples of the United States and Oman about the breadth and richness of our two cultures. SQCC promotes mutual respect and understanding between our nations and strives to educate a new generation of culturally sensitive and knowledgeable citizens in each society. Through outreach programs, scholarships, lectures, educational resources, cultural partnerships, and our Cultural Center in Washington, DC, SQCC brings the culture, history, and heritage of our nations to audiences in the US and abroad.