The Rushern Baker for Governor campaign is launching their internship program in September 2017 and is in search of enthusiastic applicants for the following roles:
- Finance Intern: We’re looking for energetic, experienced individuals to join Team Baker as Finance Interns. Interns can expect to gain a basic knowledge of political fundraising, Maryland election law and political accounting practices. The Finance Intern will assist with the overall daily function of the finance team. Examples of daily tasks include donor research and prospecting, filing disbursement and receipts, assisting with expense account tracking, coordinating with the team to manage miscellaneous projects, and assisting the team in ensuring compliance with Maryland State Board of Election campaign reporting standards.
- Organizing and Operations Intern: Help us establish a comprehensive grassroots strategy that effectively communicates the vision of the campaign, increases engagement with supporters and potential supporters, and motivates voter turnout on election day for Rushern. We’re looking for energetic, talented individuals to join Team Baker as Organizing and Operations Interns. The Organizing and Operations Intern will work directly with the campaign’s Field Director to coordinate vital organizing efforts, such as volunteer recruitment, phone banking, door knocking and community organizing. This team will spearhead the campaign’s voter contract program and assist the campaign with crucial operational support. Interns must be able to convey key points of Rushern’s message and will have the opportunity to travel with the campaign to various events around the State.
- Communication Intern: Join Team Baker to further your communications skills and help change the political discourse through earned media. We’re looking for enthusiastic and talented individuals to join Team Baker as Communications Interns from Fall 2017 – Summer 2018. Interns will assist the campaign’s Communications Director in shaping the narrative arc of Rushern’s campaign. The Communications Intern will be responsible for maintaining district specific lists of media outlets, drafting/editing press releases, monitoring media coverage using an online media monitoring service, and developing content for Rushern’s social media outlets in conjunction with the Digital and Direct Marketing team.
- Digital Marketing Intern: Join Team Baker to help establish a comprehensive messaging strategy that effectively communicates the vision of the campaign, increases engagement with supporters and potential supporters, and motivates voter turnout on election day for Rushern. We’re looking for motivated, talented individuals to join the campaign as Digital and Direct Marketing Interns. Interns will work with the campaign’s digital team to assist in, developing and posting social media content in conjunction with Communications interns, spearheading our email fundraising program and updating Rushern’s campaign website. Additionally, interns will be responsible for engaging with supporters and expanding Rushern’s reach and effectiveness online. Graphic design experience is a plus!
- Policy and Research Intern: We’re looking for a few dedicated, experienced, and highly-motivated individuals to join Team Baker as Policy and Research Interns during Rushern’s gubernatorial campaign. Interns will be responsible for providing extensive policy analysis and critical research to help shape Rushern’s campaign platform. Interns will work directly with the Director of the Internship Program and be involved in the day-to-day operations of the Policy and Research team. Interns will assist in compiling databases, opposition research, drafting/editing policy papers, and tracking current events, news and policy issues around the nation and state, including all 24 local jurisdictions. Law students are encouraged to apply & research experience is a plus!
Not only will interns get real, hands-on experience, but they will also become key members of the team who are actively engaged in the strategic development of the campaign. While unpaid, interns may receive college credit if approved by their college and all interns will be getting valuable experience that will provide the foundation for a career in politics.
To apply, please send resume to Campaign Manager Andrew Mallinoff at Andrew@RushernBaker.com and indicate your area(s) of interest.