Mayson-Dixon is a business development and public affairs firm that specializes in strategic planning for government agencies, non-profits, political leaders, and community developers. Our hands-on, creative approach based on research, data, and partnerships helps us achieve results for our clients and enhance the bottom line. We are looking for an enthusiastic team player. They must be reliable, capable of working independently, and possess a positive attitude and work ethic.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in non-profit, political, and campaign finance. The intern who fills this position should expect to learn the subject area from top to bottom, and will complete this program ready to enter any fast-paced public affairs or business development firm with an exemplary skillset. It is essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication and basic mathematic skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
· Complete donor research
· Staff client call-time
· Elected official, constituent and community outreach
· Attend meetings and events with company staff, clients, public officials and community leaders
· Track local and congressional races
· Intern will have the opportunity to interact and network with high ranking organization officials, candidates, and elected officials
· Intern has the option to work from home or out of one of our offices (located in Bowie, D.C., and Baltimore) [Note that working on site is required for students wishing to earn academic credit for an internship.]
· Must be a current student in good standing
· Must own personal laptop computer
· Must have their own personal transportation
· Attend and staff at least two events during your internship
· Ability to work 2-3 days a week
Send your application to Myles Hicks (UMD alum) at firstname.lastname@example.org