The EIU , a division of The Economist Group, is seeking is a part-time intern for the fall of 2017 in our Washington, DC office. The internship opening is in the Public Policy, Politics and Economics (PPEP) division of the research consultancy unit.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply through our global applicant tracking platform. While not essential, a good background in economics, public policy, statistics and Excel would be a plus.
This is a paid internship.
Deadline for applications: August 27, 2017
10 weeks between September and December 2017
To succeed in the role you must have:
- Intellectually curious with a strongly developed analytical mindset
- An ability to work with designated project plans on set deadlines - Good time management skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on a team and collaborate
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills and the ability to communicate findings in writing
- An interest in, and knowledge of, business issues, global affairs, economics and public policy issues
- Background in economics, public policy, statistics and Excel would be a plus
- Fluency in English
Experience, skills and professional attributes: Candidates currently enrolled in a master’s degree program are preferred
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations. Apply here.