ILSA is a non-profit association of students and young lawyers dedicated to the study and promotion of international law. Generally, legal education in the U.S. and elsewhere focuses on domestic or local law. ILSA is dedicated to supplementing this traditional approach with opportunities for study, research, and career networking which concentrates on international and transnational law.
Interns will be based in ILSA’s Washington, DC Headquarters and will be expected to commit to working 10 to 15 hours a week. Qualified applicants should be collaborative, tech-savvy, and highly detail oriented individuals. Interns will be fully integrated in ILSA’s executive office and will have hands-on experience working on various projects and aiding the office with administrative tasks. The internship will fully expose interns to the international nonprofit sector and allow them to gain valuable communication and written skills. This position is unpaid but ILSA will work with your school to arrange academic credit for this position.
• Administrative tasks, including database entry and organizing various program materials
• Assisting ILSA staff with daily office tasks
• Drafting and designing relevant social media content
• Contributing to the logistics and planning of ILSA’s international competitions and conferences
• Researching relevant global and domestic events
• Communicating and connecting with ILSA’s large global network
• Website management
• Contributing to the research and content of monthly newsletters
• Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in relevant field
• Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
• Team player, friendly, and a positive can-do attitude
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is September 4th, 2017 but applicants will be considered on a rolling basis.