The Strategy and Communications Internship aims to provide interns with experience in strategy development, strategic communications to a variety of stakeholders, research, marketing, and fundraising support. The intern will report directly to Agora’s Communications Manager and must commit a minimum of 15-20 hours of week for 10 weeks. Potential projects (based on interest and skill of the intern) include:
- Strategic Development: Participate in Agora’s Fundraising Team’s strategic discussions
- Communications Strategy: Develop, execute, and support plans to engage a variety of stakeholders by drafting proposals, marketing collateral, presentations, and concept notes
- Research: Execute background research to support such activities as fundraising, program development, and communications.
- Marketing Support: create marketing materials for events and outreach, which may include PowerPoint presentations, newsletters, one-pagers, and postcards.
- Communications Execution: Help maintain relationships with Agora Partnerships’ contacts by assisting in regular communications with various groups and enhancing the delivery/exchange of information with segmented groups.
- Content Creation/Execution: Generate engagement opportunities for/with key stakeholders by writing articles, planning events, exploring collaboration options, leading meetings, and co-creating programs in support of social entrepreneurship
- Fundraising: Support fundraising efforts by strengthening arguments, prospecting individuals and foundations, and drafting pitch materials.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about finding entrepreneurial solutions to our most pressing social challenges, and who wants to accelerate a new generation of entrepreneurs towards success. Successful candidates must exhibit Agora’s core values of agency, empathy, curiosity and perseverance. We seek the following qualifications in an ideal candidate:
- Strong research and writing capabilities
- English and Spanish fluency preferred
- Adobe Suite experience (InDesign, Photoshop, etc) and an eye for design a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently to execute specific long-term projects
- Starting date: September 22- Applications reviewed on a rolling basis
- Open to international students
- Agora Partnerships will provide you with the following benefits: industry-related training, personal development opportunities, and exposure to Latin America development and entrepreneurship opportunities.
- Intern is expected to have a laptop computer on which to work, cover all travel and housing related costs incurred during the internship, and commit to 15-20 hours per week for the duration of the internship.
Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Attn: Strategy and Communications Intern” in the subject line. Top candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.