NPF is seeking a motivated college student for our Advocacy Intern position. He or she will have the opportunity to witness the legislative and regulatory processes first-hand and contribute to the advocacy team’s mission through research, writing, outreach, and administrative duties. This part-time position is based in Alexandria, VA and is available immediately.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of formularies in the Medicaid and Individual Marketplace in assigned regions as it relates to treatment of psoriatic disease
- Attend events hosted by Administration, Congress, and other stakeholder organizations
- Support planning, preparing materials for, and attending advocacy events, including the annual Federal Lobby Day in D.C.
- Support of advocacy social media and communication channels
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, ideally with a focus on public policy, public health, non-profit management, or related field
- Self-starting attitude
- Commitment of 15-20 hours per week
- Past experience in health policy, legislative office, campaign or non-profit office a plus
How to Apply: Please forward resume and cover letter to Kolson@psoriasis.org. Specify “Advocacy Internship” in the subject of your email.