US-UK Fulbright Commission offers special Summer Institutes for US citizens to come to the UK. These expenses-paid summer programs provide the opportunity for US undergraduates (Us citizens, aged over 18, see eligibility details below), with at least two years of undergraduate study left to complete, to come to the UK on a three or four week academic and cultural summer program.
Participants in these programs will get the opportunity to experience an exciting academic program at a highly regarded UK University, explore the culture, heritage and history of the UK and develop their academic ability by improving presentation, research and communication skills. Please note: this program gives preference to students who have had little or no study or travel outside of the US.
The Summer Institutes will cover the majority of participant costs. This includes round-trip airfare from the US to the UK, tuition and fees at the host university/institution, accommodation and meals and in some cases a small daily allowance.
Summer Institutes available for US students:
- AIFS Summer Institute with Globe Education (Acting and understanding Shakespeare's texts)
- Queen’s University Belfast Institute (Understanding Ireland: Northern Perspectives)
- University of Bristol Summer Institute (The Triangular Slave Trade)
- University of Exeter Summer Institute (Clima
te Change and the Environment)
- University of Sussex Summer Institute (Under
standing 'Britishness' and British culture)
- University of Westminster Summer Institute (
Media, art and design, and business)
- Scotland Summer Institute on Technology, Innovation and Creativity (Technology, Innovation, and Creativity)
ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must be US Citizens; have a GPA of 3.7 or higher; Have at least two years of undergraduate study remaining after the Institute finishes. Please note:this program gives preference to students who have had little or no study or travel outside of the US.
Application deadlines TBD in mid-February 2018