Clean Water Action is currently hiring field community organizers to work on local grassroots campaigns to protect the health, economy, environment and livelihood of communities. We are looking to add to our current staff of committed, professional, and highly skilled activists to act as front line ambassadors in the communities that we serve.
All new employees receive extensive training and continuing support on sustainability initiatives, communication skills, and political campaign organizing. This position is perfect for students and non-students alike, with opportunities for long-term growth. This opportunity can serve as a paid internship for students. We are looking for candidates with excellent communication skills. Candidates who possess a strong commitment to environmental, social, and political justice, a positive attitude, and a good sense of humor will be well suited for this role.
• Promote action on progressive issues to influence national, state, and local decision makers.
• Provide communication with people that is independent of the mass media
• Recruit members by collecting signatures and contact info.
• Raise funds to support our research, lobbying and educational campaigns
• Identify and activate individuals who wish to participate in other activities, including letter writing, attending meetings, volunteer time, turning out the vote, etc.
Work with an industry leading environmental non-profit
Rewarding work with a casual work setting
Paid training, gain knowledge of local politics, campaign strategies, and environmental issues
Possibly earn college credit
Strong communication skills and genuine commitment to progressive politics and environmental issues. Some college training or related field of study preferred.
For more information and to apply, please log into Careers4Terps and search the ID number: 166807