The Policy & Supervision Analyst will provide analytical and administrative support for the public policy development process of the CSBS government affairs department. The analyst will perform various data and economic analysis functions in support of the policy and supervisory committees, work groups, and task forces. The individual will also assist in researching, analyzing and assessing federal regulatory and legislative proposals to determine the impact on state regulated institutions and state regulators.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Researches regulatory, legislative, and supervisory topics, proposals and studies, prepares comment letters, responds to specific data inquiries and requests from state banking departments, federal banking agencies, bankers, and other parties, and drafts and coordinates responses needed throughout the year.
• Develops and maintains a range of reports supporting the data analysis needs of state regulators and the public policy development process.
• Provides economic analysis to support the public policy development process.
• Develops analytical tools and reports to inform the risk hypothesis and assessment process.
• Writes regular summary of regulatory proposals and studies issued by the federal regulatory agencies.
• Coordinates with state regulators, federal regulatory agencies, trade groups, academics, and contractors on multiple projects.
• Serves as a facilitator and primary staff support for multiple committees and taskforces of the Policy and Supervision Department.
• Support the integration of new and revised regulations into the state supervisory process
Education and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in public policy, finance, business, economics, accounting, or another business or government related field.
• Advanced Excel skills in a business, finance or economics environment.
• Experience with a Bloomberg terminal, Qlikview or Micro Strategy, a plus but not required.
• An interest in banking and financial services.
• Work in a bank regulatory agency (national or state), trade association, or financial institution in interpreting, analyzing and assessing federal/state bank procedures, regulations, and statutes, a plus but not required.
To view the full job posting and to apply, please log in to Careers4Terps and search the ID number: 167558