There is nothing slower than a sick turtle! To help reduce the spread of flu this season, consider scheduling a phone appointment rather than meeting in person if you're feeling sick.
Please call our office at 301-405-1697 to schedule a phone appointment with an advisor or to switch your in-person appointment to a phone appointment.
Other tips for staying healthy during flu season include:
● Get a flu shot! It’s not too late. The UHC has a very limited supply of flu vaccine. The vaccine is in short supply all over, though some local pharmacies may have it in stock.
● If you are sick with a fever, notify your supervisor and stay home in bed to rest. This will avoid spreading the infection to others.
● Wash your hands frequently and use the hand sanitizing stations that are located around campus.
● Avoid those who are ill, if possible.
● Clean high touch surfaces in your room office with anti-bacterial cleaner (bleach wipes are very effective).
● Cough into your sleeve or a tissue, not directly into your hands, and wash your hands immediately.
● Avoid touching your face when you are ill and when healthy; this spreads germs!
● Avoid sharing food, utensils, cups, and water bottles.