Democratic candidate for Montgomery County Executive David Blair is seeking passionate Organizing Fellows ($15.38/hr) to join the campaign. Fellows will be an integral component of the Blair for Montgomery Field and Get Out the Vote (GOTV) staff and exposed to a variety of events and opportunities.
Our Fellowship program is designed to test, train, and develop the next generation of community organizers, and help the campaign expand outreach efforts in communities throughout the county. Fellows who join the campaign will leave with a full understanding of the tools and tactics of modern grassroots community organizing.
Fellows will focus on coordinating and executing outreach activities and recruiting volunteers in Montgomery County while working closely under the direction of the full-time field staff. The Fellow position is a limited duration assignment with an end date of June 26th. Ideal candidates will be able to commit to the full duration of the remainder of the campaign.
Over the duration of the campaign, Fellows will:
· Primary responsibilities will be engaging voters and potential volunteers through door-to-door canvassing and supplemental phone calling;
· Enter, organize, and maintain the data from interactions in communities;
· Use social media to amplify our message;
· Support the planning and execution of events with other campaign staff, fellows, and volunteers within the community or on campus;
Candidates for the Fellows program must be:
· Willing to commit to 15+ hours a week between now and June 26th;
· Available to work during program hours of 3pm-8pm Monday through Thursday, 10am-7pm on Saturday, and 12pm-7pm on Sunday;
· Committed to promoting progressive values;
· Enthusiastic about local politics, and interested in building a career around community organizing;
· Personally organized with a strong work ethic
· Strong communicators;
· Committed to collaboration and team-work;
· Flexible and self-motivated;
· Positive attitude and sense of humor;
· Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
This campaign is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage immigrants, people of color, transgender, queer, and non-binary people to apply.