Peace Corps is a US government agency dedicated to the mission of promoting world peace and friendship. Peace Corps sends volunteers for 27 month assignments to more than 60 countries around the world to help those nations meet their needs in the fields of Education, Health, Environment, Community Economic Development, and Youth Development.
Description of Intern Duties:
• Assisting Placement Officers in the collection and analysis of candidate data, as well as analysis of programming trends.
• Data entry using Excel, Word and Peace Corps database (DOVE).
• Filing, mailing, photocopying, and preparing presentation or training materials.
• Tracking files (digital and paper) to assure quality file management
• Preparation of a long-term self-directed research project to be presented at the close of internship
• Other duties as required
• Undergraduate student (or graduating senior) in a major such as international relations, international development, political science, regional/area studies, or other subjects relevant to Peace Corps’ mission
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA• Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Cross-cultural knowledge and sensitivity
• Excellent customer service skills
Interested students should log on to Careers4Terps and search ID #174351.