Positions with the campaign to elect Jeff Van Drew are a great opportunity for hardworking individuals to gain hands-on political experience, and develop a fuller understanding of the political process. You will learn the essentials of Democratic politics, and contribute your talent, energy and ideas. This is a great opportunity to learn the ins and outs of a congressional campaign. Interns produce high-level work in a variety of areas. Internships also offer great networking opportunities and frequently catapult ambitious individuals into jobs in politics. The Van Drew campaign internship program will be working directly with the campaign staff, and interns will gain exposure to many aspects of the campaign. This is an unpaid position.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, although candidates are encouraged to apply by the priority deadline.
Qualified applicants should…
- Be dependable, detail-oriented, and able to work independently in a fast-paced office environment;
- Be available to commit to a part-time (15 hours each week) or full-time (40 hours a week) internship, with hours available on nights and weekends;
- Have consistent transportation available;
- Be able to commit to one, or both of the following sessions:
- Summer: May-August
- Fall: September-Election Day (Nov 6th)
Application Process: To apply, please send your resume and write a brief statement of interest that details why you are interested in working with the Van Drew campaign. The recommended deadline for the sessions are:
- Summer: May 14th
- Fall: August 20th
Applicants may still apply after this date, and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, but priority will be given to candidates who submit application materials before this priority deadline.
Applicants should send their resume and a statement of interest to email@example.com with the subject: Internship Application