CaringMatters is seeking a full-time AmeriCorps member for its 2019-2020 service year. The CaringMatters member will work under the supervision of the Director of Children's Bereavement Services to coordinate and facilitate groups and educational programs for children who are grieving the death of a loved one. The CaringMatters member will also assist with pre-camp outreach and registration for our Camp Erin, a grief camp for 6-17 year olds. This AmeriCorps member position is through Project Change and the service year runs from August 15, 2019 until August 14, 2020. AmeriCorps offers its members intensive training, a living stipend, an educational scholarship, health benefits, and a life-enriching experience. Position requires frequent travel to sites throughout Montgomery County, so access to reliable transportation is important.
· Experience working with children, youth and families;
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
· Strong writing skills;
· Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Sciences, Education, or related field;
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred;
· Knowledge of Montgomery County, its schools and community resources is highly desired.
To apply to for this position please email your resume and cover letter (detailing your interest in this position and AmeriCorps) to Deanie Preston at .