Friendly reminder that the priority application deadline for the Fall Internship Program at The National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START), based here at the University of Maryland, is coming up - this Sunday, June 16th! The final application deadline is on Sunday, June 30th.
Below is a list of opportunities available for the fall semester. Please visit our website for detailed project descriptions and more information, and to access the fall application forms: https://www.start.umd.
- Communications or Multimedia Internships
- GIS: Transnational Illicit Trafficking (TransIT)
- Global Terrorism Database (GTD) Internships
- International Crisis Behavior Project (ICB)
- Optimizing language training through learner profiles
- Selection for Cyber Aptitude
- State Department/START Internship
- Unconventional Weapons and Technology (UWT): Advanced Research Internship
- Unconventional Weapons and Technology (UWT): Next Generation WMD Threat Detection System
- Unconventional Weapons and Technology (UWT): Transnational Illicit Trafficking
- Understanding Domestic Radicalization
- Experience working with a large team of dynamic and experienced researchers.
- Exposure to cutting edge theories and methods.
- Deepen your understanding of current issues in terrorism and homeland security.
- Work on projects of immediate interest to the practitioner and policy community.
- Hone and develop a range of transferable skills attractive to future employers.
- Opportunity to work with and meet other students and researchers with similar interests.
- Enrichment activities offering wide opportunities for learning and personal growth, schedule includes simulations, career presentations and research talks.
- Mentorship from START staff and researchers in a successful professional environment.
- Internships can be undertaken for academic credit (depending on approval from your institution and department).
- Have a good academic record.
- Demonstrate an interest in the subject matter.
- Be able to complete their internship work hours on site at START.
- Agree to attend orientation and training.
- Submit an application by the deadline, all application packets must include:
- A complete application for the correct semester (available at http://www.start.umd.edu/
- One page resume,
- Cover letter,
- Writing sample,
- Unofficial transcripts from most recent institution.
Why choose an internship at START?
Applicants for all internships must:
Each project may have additional requirements, including minimum credit hours, preferred majors and compulsory meeting times.
How to apply:
Priority application deadline: Sunday, June 16, 2019; 11:59pm
Final application deadline: Sunday, June 30, 2019; 11:59pm
For more information about the projects, requirements and for the application forms visit: http://www.start.umd.