Delegate Jheanelle Wilkins is a progressive member of the Maryland House of Delegates
representing District 20 (Greater Downtown Silver Spring, Takoma Park, White Oak).
Join her legislative team as we work to advance economic security, protect our environment, increase educational equity and fight to reform our justice system.
Position reports to: Chief of Staff
Position term: Position will start ASAP through December 2019 with opportunity to join full time during the 2020 legislative session.
Location: Mostly remote with work in the Annapolis legislative office about once per
Hours and compensation: Part time, 10-15 hours per week at $15/hour with opportunity for full time employment during legislative session.
The person we’re looking to hire is:
● Passionate about public service, policy, and state/local issues.
● Has a flexible schedule.
● Pays close attention to the little details, is a master multi-tasker, and believes anything worth doing is worth doing right.
● Communicates clearly and writes well.
● Motivated and driven. You step up without being asked, can manage your own time and tasks (even when working from home), and seek to truly make a difference in the community.
What you’ll do:
● Manage Delegate calendar and scheduling
● Track and respond to constituent correspondence to provide responsive service
● Provide administrative services to the office
● Conduct policy and legislative research in preparation for legislative session
● Attend community meetings and events with constituents and stakeholders
● Develop electronic newsletters to communicate with constituents
● Additional duties, as assigned
● Ability to work flexible hours (at least 10 hours per week)
● Strong research, writing and analytical skills
● Ability to work in a team setting as well as independently
● Progressive values
● Access to transportation to get around District and to Annapolis
● District 20 resident (not required)
● Availability to continue position during legislative session, if hired
To apply: Email resume and cover letter to Jheanelle.firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter should detail your passion for serving District 20 residents, your skills and experiences that will make you successful in this role, and your current time availability. Women, people of color, those who identify as LGBTQ, immigrants, and candidates representing all faiths strongly encouraged to apply.