The Sociology Undergraduate office has openings available for qualified students to work as Peer Advisors during the Fall 2019 semester. Please submit your application as soon as possible.
For the application, please click on the following link: https://docs.google.com/
Peer Advisors will responsible for:
· Staffing the Resource Desk, which includes speaking to students about general sociology questions, guiding students on how to research our undergraduate program, describing procedures for application to our major, assisting students with individual problems, and referring students to professional advisors as needed.
· Managing the Resource Room, keeping it up-to-date, well-stocked, and accessible to students, by filing, organizing information, updating resources, and photocopying.
· Promoting the Sociology Collective by giving presentations to sociology classes, organizations, and special interest groups.
· Organizing and schedule students to work at informational meetings and orientation sessions.
· Developing other project(s) with the advising staff to promote the undergraduate program or provide support/information to students interested in our major.
o These projects may include writing, public speaking, or other interests of the Peer Advisor.
· Working closely with the Undergraduate Director and the Academic Advisor for all the above and for other duties as assigned.
For best consideration please submit your application as soon as possible for the Fall 2019 position. Applications will be reviewed when all requested materials are submitted. Applicant finalists will be offered an interview, and will be notified of their status by e-mail.
Completed applications and questions about the position should be emailed