The Federal Audit Clearinghouse is looking for interns to help improve and grow our systems, programs, and customer experience.
All Majors Welcome! Apply by Oct 21!
The Federal Audit Clearinghouse is an area of the U.S. Census Bureau which collects and disseminates audit data on behalf of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for non-federal entities such as states, city/county governments, universities, and nonprofit organizations which spend over $750,000 in federal grant dollars in a single year. You may learn more about us from our website at https://harvester.census.gov/facweb/default.aspx.
- Learn FAC IT systems and data
- Attend meetings where you will be exposed to team interaction and decision making in a professional office environment
- Update user manuals, guidance, and other tools and documents
- Work with staff to translate customer needs into system requirements, change requests, and system enhancements
- Learn to write test scripts to test system requirements, and use tracking software to record and track system defects and test results
- Learn to study security logs for potential system breaches or suspicious user behavior
- Assist management with reports, document preparation, presentation development, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with a variety of internet browsers and basic Microsoft Office and PDF software
- Experience using database software and/or statistical software (desired, but not required)
- Ability to analyze problems and effectively communicate solutions, both orally and in writing
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and team-oriented
Submit Resumes by Oct 21 for Spring Semester! All Majors Welcome!
Contact: Shelley Goss