The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision makers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of some 200 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
The CSIS Trustee Chair in Chinese Business and Economics is dedicated to providing thought leadership for the policy community about the dynamics of China’s economy and its implications for industries and other countries. Our work – research, publications, events & outreach – focuses on the intersection of China’s economy, the world of technology, US-China relations, and global governance.
The Trustee Chair in Chinese Business and Economics is seeking a full-time or part-time, paid research intern who can provide dedicated support for research and analysis, during the period from January 13, 2020 until May 29, 2020. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, professional, and has a strong interest in China’s political economy, domestic and international. The research intern makes supportive contributions to the research agenda of the Chairholder and research associate through research, data analysis, writing, and management of the program’s microsite and other publications. Special attention will be on the program’s China Innovation Policy Series (CIPS).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting in research, analysis, and writing for articles, event summaries, and other such projects as dictated by program needs
- Assisting in spot and background research
- Managing program’s databases
- Curating Trustee Chair social media
- Monitoring events in Chinese domestic and international policy, and reporting daily
- Providing logistical and administrative support for ongoing programs and projects
- Assisting in event planning and staffing
- Performing a variety of other Trustee Chair related duties as assigned
- Current undergraduate seniors, graduate students, and recent graduates. Applicants currently enrolled in or those that have recently completed a master’s degree are preferred.
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) from an accredited U.S. institution or equivalent from a non-U.S. institution
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must be able to commit to 20 or 35 hours a week
- Must have strong research, analysis, and writing skills
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to work independently
- Must have the ability to manage competing priorities and multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Must demonstrate academic/professional background in Chinese foreign policy and domestic politics
- Must be able to read Chinese-language documents
Apply on Silk Road: https://jobs.silkroad.com/CSIS/Careers/jobs/684?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1 by December 8.