The UMD PRC is hiring a 20 hour/week communications assistant (see attached). The position is open to graduate or undergraduate students. For best consideration, apply by Nov. 30.
The UMD-PRC communications assistant will propose, draft, edit and update content for the
UMD-PRC website, multimedia and print publications, including research briefs, news items and profiles of UMD-PRC people and projects. Working closely with the UMD-PRC director, Dr. Brad Boekeloo, and core faculty, and in consultation with the UMD SPH office of communications, the communications assistant will help identify topics relevant to the LGBTQ+ community and the center’s expertise and priority areas and propose social media content and other communications to demonstrate the UMD-PRC’s engagement and influence in these areas. The communications assistant will help build a following for the UMD-PRC’s social media account(s) and showcase research, service and training activities led by or informed by the center, as well as other mental health resources relevant to the community.
Required Experience and Skills:
• Excellent writing, communication and organization skills
• Demonstrated experience using a variety of social media platforms (particularly Twitter,
Instagram and Facebook), preferably in a professional context
• Experience working with LGBTQ+ populations and/or issues of health equity
• Experience with website content management systems (Drupal preferred)
• Experience with graphic design concepts and programs
• Awareness of mental health topics and trauma-informed care
Send a resume/c.v., a brief letter of interest, and a professional writing sample to
email@example.com by November 30, 2019.