Ashoka hires people who have been starting and transforming things all their lives, whether that’s a school newspaper, a large company, or a local movement. We have a compelling opportunity for doers and changemakers who are passionate about spotting new ideas and building entrepreneurial teams.
The US Venture Operations Associate will join the search and selection team responsible for reviewing nominations and ultimately selecting 17-18 of the most transformative social innovators in the country each year to join the Ashoka fellowship. This is a unique role with a front-row view of positive social change and an opportunity to learn something every day.
The US Venture Operations Associate will possess strong multi-tasking abilities, as well as creativity, passion, and demonstrated commitment to positive social change and social entrepreneurship. This individual will be responsible for efficient and effective support of Ashoka US Venture & Fellowship Team, including via key operations tasks.
The ideal candidate is:
- An expert organizer
- Fluent in Spanish
- Someone who enjoys writing and the challenge of distilling complex ideas
- Excited about working with Ashoka Fellows
- Comfortable with ambiguity and a self-starter
- Able to multi-task and innovate efficiently in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
The US Venture Operations Associate will be responsible for:
Surfacing and sharing solutions:
- Investigate areas ripe for disruptive innovation through collecting and analyzing the examples of individual systems-changing social entrepreneurs who champion novel, impactful approaches
- Build and cultivate networks of nominators, advisors, and Fellow candidates across sectors, communities, and geographies
- Prepare short candidate summaries, longer-form new Fellow profiles, and memos on patterns and trends for internal and external use.
- Work collaboratively with other content producers at Ashoka, media partners, designers, and video editors to ensure these stories are shared and that they resonate widely.
Pipeline and operations support:
- Prepare candidate briefs for weekly review sessions
- Communicate and coordinate next steps with nominators and candidates
- Ensure data quality on Salesforce
- (Over time, join interviews with candidates and take on more of a role guiding candidacies.)
Engagement management and events:
- Coordinate and host 3-4 selection panels per year across the US
- Coordinate: working with the rest of the Venture team, liaise with and support individual candidates and manage all travel, accommodations, vendor, and finance-related logistics.
- Host: as one of the first “in-person” experiences of Ashoka, help curate the overall experience so that it helps candidates feel their best while orienting and welcoming prospective Ashoka Fellow to the world’s largest peer community of social entrepreneurs.