INTERNSHIP TERM: Mid January – Early/Mid May
The Ronald Reagan Institute in Washington, DC is seeking an intern for the Spring 2020 months who can support diverse projects within various program areas. Interns will have the opportunity to work with a small team in a dynamic professional setting while earning college credit as determined by the intern’s university. Interns are expected to be agile in their working styles and able to execute complex projects. The internship program at the Reagan Institute in Washington, DC will coordinate with the internship program in Simi Valley, CA.
We are currently seeking interns to support work in the following capacities/projects:
● Program support for Spring 2020 Speaker Series
● Support development of the Alumni Ambassador Program for LTAP
● Support admissions process for LTAP Summer 2020 cohort
● Data refining and organization related to various programs
● Administrative and outreach support related to the Reagan Institute Summit on Education (RISE 2020)
● Background research and support for the following Reagan Institute centers: Center for Peace Through Strength, Center for Freedom and Democracy, and the Center for Civics, Education, and Opportunity
● Miscellaneous administrative support
● Other duties as assigned
Desired skills for RRI Interns include:
● Understanding of basic research skills -- both background and policy
● Data organization and analysis
○ Including but not limited to Microsoft Excel
● Ability to draft professional memorandums and communications
● Ability to craft social media posts and create graphics content is preferred
● Collaborative spirit and team-minded orientation
Requirements: Applicants must:
● Be 18 years of age or older and provide evidence of enrollment at a local university.
● Must be able to commute to office at 1455 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington DC.
● Experience working in an office setting.
● Adaptability and ability to self start.
● Maintain a professional appearance and correspondence.
● Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
The RRI internship will begin mid January and conclude in early/mid May. I Internships can be part time on a case-by-case basis.
For more information visit ronaldreaganinstitute.org, and to apply to the Washington, DC RRI internship, please email resume and cover letter to Kimberly Flickinger at firstname.lastname@example.org