BSOS is now accepting Peer Mentor applications for the Fall 2020 semester! Peer Mentors receive 1 academic credit and facilitate the BSOS Graduation Planning workshops. Peer Mentors are expected to attend a class once per week in the fall semester. This is a great opportunity to build public speaking and leadership skills.
The Peer Mentor Program is a component of the services the BSOS Advising Center offers to students. Through their service to fellow students, Peer Mentors gain valuable skills in public speaking/presentation, professionalism, and leadership. Peer Mentors primarily facilitate BSOS Graduation Planning Workshops each semester and conduct various presentations in BSOS UNIV100 classes. In preparation for these activities, all new Peer Mentors attend a mandatory class session once a week for their first semester as a Peer Mentor. All applicants are expected to serve for a minimum of two semesters.
Peer Mentors earn one graded academic credit after each successfully completed semester.
• Must be a BSOS major for a minimum of 2 semesters
• For Double Majors, the primary major must be in the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences
• Sophomore or higher standing with intent to return in Fall 2020
• At least a 2.5 GPA within major AND cumulative
• Must be in good judicial/academic standing
Applications due by August 7th, 2020 at 11:59 PM.