IREX is seeking an Intern available to work 20 or more hours a week, though the schedule is flexible. An hourly stipend will be provided. This internship is open immediately.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform research and analysis on a variety of new business development related issues, as required
- Support all aspects of designing and preparing proposals in response to donor funding opportunities
- Assist with proposal editing, proofreading, formatting, and budgeting, as needed
- Assist with drafting proposal content, as needed
- Assist in recruitment of staff for proposals and preparing staffing documents for proposals
- Update and format program materials and web content
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
The Intern must be well organized, skilled at handling multiple tasks, and able to adhere to deadlines. Other qualifications:
- Excellent writing and editing skills, and detail-orientated approach
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the international development field
- Comfort with budgets and facility with Excel preferred
- Knowledge of a foreign language preferred
- Knowledge of US Government program funding preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Go to http://www.irex.org/careers and click on Current Openings. Then click on the corresponding position and apply through our website. Please supply a resume and a cover letter with your application. If you are creating a new profile you need to do so and then go back in to apply for a position.
For best consideration, apply by May 5.