UMD Global/Federal Fellows Undergrad Internship Program-Apply Now!
Interested in the possibility of a career in public service? Want to learn about how the real world works? Interested in including a quality internship in your four-year plan?
***Virtual Information Sessions for prospective students will occur on Fridays: April 3, 10 and 17 from 2:00PM to 3:00PM***
Federal and Global Fellows brings together undergraduate students of all majors to learn about integrating their academic studies with real-world experiences in the arenas of public service, research, international affairs, political advocacy, environmental policy, global health, and more. Learn some of the diverse and important ways that empower you to contribute in the world! Our one-year certificate program combines a fall 2020 seminar and a spring 2021 internship, both for college credit, and offers a unique active-learning opportunity to integrate your academics with real world experience and explore future goals.
Program Perks Include:
· Your Choice of Nine Fall Seminar Courses (all taught by expert practitioners with courses offered once a week, mostly in the evenings; fall seminars are also cross-listed with Honors)
- Political Engagement and Advocacy
- Critical Regions and International Relations
- Homeland Security and National Security Policy
- Responses to Global Challenges
- Water Security and Global Health Challenges
- Energy and Environmental Policy
- US Diplomacy
- Public Health Policy
- Science Diplomacy
· Spring Internship 3-9 credits available through our program (including Scholarship in Practice credit) or through your own major.
· Program Partnerships at a myriad of sites, such as: Department of Homeland Security, Congressional offices, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, embassies, Departmen
t of State, National Institutes of Health, Chemonics, World Resources Institute, Department of Energy, Aerospace Industries Association, House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology, Environmental Law Institute, and many more!
· Year round activities include visits to DC organizations, professional development workshops, one-on-one coaching, resume and cover letter review, interview preparation, good cheer, etc.
· Earn transcript notation as a Federal or Global Fellow
Application Link: Online Application
3rd Priority Deadline: April 19, 2020 (and then Rolling Admission)
For more information, visit our Fellows websites: