The Intelligence Information and Services (IIS) business is seeking a Finance Intern based out of Riverdale, MD to provide financial support to the Program Controls (Finance) team on NASA's EOSDIS Evolution and Development project, which involves the maintenance and evolution of key NASA Earth Science mission components. The chosen candidate will have an active, hands-on role working on budget and cost tracking, monitoring labor charging, as well as developing and monitoring cost estimating relationships.
Security Clearance and other Requirements:
- This position requires the ability to access systems that contain information restricted to US Citizens based on certain Federal Government contractual requirements.
- To be considered for this role, you must be a current Junior that will be entering their Senior year after the Spring 2021 semester.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to perform financial research, analyses, tracking and provide recommendations to the team
- Good written and verbal communication skills to support the preparation of written briefs for internal dissemination
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Proactive, innovative and use critical thinking skills
- Sound analytical, problem identification & problem solving skills
- Ability to conduct an Intern presentation at the end of the internship
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- GPA of 3.0+ highly desired
- Previous intern experience
- Experience supporting a government customer
- Candidate must be enrolled in an accredited college or university, pursing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or a closely related field.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0+ is strongly desired. Please include your GPA and transcript with your resume.
- The selected candidate must be currently in their Junior year, entering Senior year in Fall 2021. The level will be based on the candidate's qualifications, including degree credits earned.
- SA04 (AdminStudent–Senior) – must have completed 90 hours of college credits towards degree and obtained Senior status as of Summer 2021.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 168822