Feller Center: Career Planning Resources
The Feller Center is the co-located hub for academic advising and career planning services. The Career Planning Team within the Feller Center hosts programs/events as well as individual appointments on topics like career exploration, developing application materials, searching for opportunities, creating a professional brand and exploring post-grad options. The Feller Center website provides customized career planning resources for BSOS students. Take a moment to check out the career planning resources. Highlighted resources for BSOS students include:
- Career Exploration Guides by Major: Include sample work titles/areas of our recent graduates and career planning information.
- Gain experience: Add to your marketable skills by landing an internship, research position, leadership position on campus, part-time job, etc.
- Resume development: Sample resumes by major, cover letters, and other relevant application materials.
- Search strategies for internships/jobs: Use UMD’s expansive alumni network and Careers4Terps@BSOS to scan openings for BSOS majors.
- Meet employers/alumni: The Feller Center and the University Career Center work together to offer BSOS majors access to over 100's of professionals yearly. Attend our events.
- Graduate school planning: Use these resources to start planning your graduate school research.