Job Posting Period 11/30/2020 - 12/14/2020
Job Title GOVERNMENT RELATIONS INTERN
Facility Location USPS HEADQUARTERS 475 LENFANT PLZ SW WASHINGTON, DC 20260-0004
Position Information TITLE: GOVERNMENT RELATIONS SUMMER INTERN
GRADE: E5 - 07
FLSA DESIGNATION: Non-Exempt
OCCUPATION CODE: 1099-0003
START DATE: JUNE 1, 2021
SALARY RANGE: 19.00 Per Hour
Persons Eligible to Apply
To be eligible for the Summer Intern Program, an individual must have a minimum of 60 credit hours completed towards a qualifying bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university by the posting date of the job.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST ATTACH RESUME AND TRANSCRIPT (OFFICIAL or UNOFFICIAL) TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION!!!
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE AVAILABLE TO START ON TUESDAY, JUNE 1, 2021 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION!!!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Collaborates with manager to review project plans; develops an understanding of project assignment including goals, tasks, deadlines and key stakeholders. Communicates updates and project developments as needed.
2. Applies government relations principles, practices, and methodologies to assigned project; develops project-related materials using government and international relations theories and applications. Prepares project summary and recommendations for review.
3. Develops documents, files and deliverables as needed for the project. Writes instructions, records activities and verifies accuracy and comprehensiveness of information with stakeholders.
4. Coordinates with coworkers as a team member to support achievement of project goals. Interacts via email, telephone and meetings to support the project and team
5. Assists with preparing and facilitating meetings, working sessions and focus groups as necessary to gather and compile information for the project.
6. Researches, collects, and analyzes data for use in project planning and developing project materials and documents.
7. Creates project deliverables to meet assignment objectives. Compiles data and reports. Assembles information into presentations. Documents research and activities in technical reports.
SUPERVISION Manager of unit to which assigned. The United States Postal Service has the following excellent and challenging employment opportunity for highly motivated and innovative individuals. Successful candidates must demonstrate through a combination of education, training, and experience the following requirements:
1. Ability to attend to details sufficient to ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness of work.
2. Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a succinct and organized manner; producing written materials, taking into account proper audience, content, format, and grammar.
3. Ability to coordinate work, maintain positive work relationships and interact with a team sufficient to complete assignments, including communicating orally and in writing and completing tasks independently.
4. Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint,) sufficient to analyze data, create and format reports, and create presentations.
5. Ability to acquire new knowledge and skills through on-the-job training and self-directed learning, including researching information using various sources of information such as existing policies, processes, systems, databases and online references.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or graduate government relations, international relations or political science degree program, or another closely related field accredited by the U.S. Department of Education.
**This position requires a NACI clearance. This process can take up to 6 - 8 weeks from the date the offer letter is returned** This is a two-step application process requiring you to create a profile and submit an application for the position for which you are applying. You will receive two email confirmations: A) An email confirming your profile is complete. B) After submitting your application you will receive a second email confirming your application has been successfully submitted.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST ATTACH RESUME AND TRANSCRIPT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION!!!
For additional information, please contact us at email@example.com. Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service's requirement to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Central Time, of the posting's closing date. Applicants claiming veterans' preference must attach a copy of member copy 4 (only) of Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214) or other proof of eligibility if claiming 10-point veterans' preference. The United States Postal Service (USPS) is an equal opportunity employer. The USPS provides reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, interview, and/or selection process, please make your request to the examiner, selecting official or local manager of Human Resources. This request can also be made by someone on your behalf. Explain the nature of your limitations and the accommodation needed. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
Apply on the USPS website.
SPECIAL NOTE: Current career Postal Service employees are ineligible to apply to this posting